Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 21, 2007

I quit a good job because of gambling

"This is too much," I told my self. That early morning at around 4:00 a.m I had to go home on foot trudging a more than five-kilometer distance from the "peryahan"(Filipino word for an open gambling place which is particularly common in the country). I wantonly gambled my salary and I felt bad because I was unable to give money to my family. "I was advised by the doctor to get an eye-check up. My right eye really hurts." My mom's voice was pleading I should give her more for that payday. "I need to buy a pair of glasses", she added. I just said I did not receive my pay yet. Deep inside me, it was an outburst of emotions. All I could blame was myself. But how could I do that if I couldn't control myself frequenting the gambling place? So that night, I saw myself again betting in the dice game at the peryahan. ...more...

No comments: