Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 13, 2007

Some Thoughts on Learning English

Oh, I remember those terribe years when the only English expression I could mutter was, "I don't care!" and I felt so good as one of those elementary students who was obviously wanting to learn the Language but was having a hard time understanding its complication.

As an ESL teacher, I have tried to adopt some of my own teaching techniques which I find helpful in imparting the English Language to my Korean students. Oftentimes, I find fulfillment when students appreciate my effort and when they start showing little improvements in the course of time. On the other hand, it is so frustrating on my end when they start quitting their classes because they don't feel any progress at all. As people always say, "We don't learn English overnight", and as Paisley mentioned, "Rome wasn't build in one day."

Well, I just want to brighten up your day and share this video about studying English. Take a look in case you haven't seen it yet. I just find this so funny and it always makes me smile. How I wish I could also do this once in a while, lol.



/Stumble This/ Fave This On
Technorati/

3 comments:

Lianne Lopes said...

Funny video! English is my first language, but I know what it's like to learn a second. It's not easy. :) Glad to know you're ok.

Staggo"s List said...

lol on the video. What more does a foreign language speaker need to know what to say in an American marriage?

BTW--Learning English is tough. It's one of the most difficult languages to learn. You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Too many people take their/other's frustrations personally.

Most importantly, never fret. Doing so leaves ugly wrinkles and jowl sagging.

Anonymous said...

That is one of the funniest videos I have seen. I can't believe its for real! Can I download the soundtrack? LOL